The True Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Universe

This is a strange site that uses various sources like anime and game as it basis. Once you warm up to it, I'm sure you'll have fun.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Maiden

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 2:56 am

Devin was still being followed. Only this time, there were more glimpses of whom it was. It looked Almost like the man called Will. He was staying out of Devin's field of vision, only letting the angel catch small glimpses of him.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 4:49 am

Devin continued walking, then stopped. "I know you're following me. If you got a problem with me or something, then you can do it to my face instead of making it painfully obvious you're trailing me."

Why, why did he always end up dealing with the crazies?

'Because its part of your job description.' Another voice said, more the cynical half. 'You help people with supernatural messes, and sometimes it spills over. This definitely seems supernatural, doesn't it?'
Back to top Go down
https://thetrueuniverse.rpg-board.net
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2012, 7:39 pm

"Who are you talking to?" the man called Will asks as he comes walking up "Hey there." he says as he holds up a hand "I came to ask for one of your business cards before you took off." he says "I went to your office, but you were out. So I went looking for you." he says, looking around, taking a guage of the situation, then looks back at Devin "Is something wrong, man?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 8:54 pm

This..was really starting to get ridiculous. It felt like someone was messing with him and if there was one thing that pissed him off, it was being toyed with and jerked around.

He took a breath, then explained briefly, what happened earlier with the 'Will' in the coffee shop. "..I have no idea what's going on, and its starting to irk me. I can't work like this, not without knowing which one is just impersonating and which one is real." Devin rubbed his temples. "I think its the monthly mess with Devin day."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 9:01 pm

Will frowns at Devin's story "I can assure you that I'm Not 'messing around' or joking in anyway." he says "I came to hire you to find my sister. If something is preventing you from doing so, then I shall find out what it is, and 'Deal' with it." he says, clapping Devin on the sholder "You have my number. Call me if you find anything, good luck." he says, then turns and starts off.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 8:12 am

Devin shook his head once he left. 'You might or might not but someone obviously sure as hell is.'

It still pissed him off, but that wasn't going to get him anywhere. He still had no idea where he was going to ask about Hyrule, from what he gathered it wasn't some common place. However, there had to be Something, otherwise people would have no heard about it at all. He'd find something if he looked in the right places, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2012, 12:43 am

Once more, there was someone following Devin, but this time, it seemed like a different person. Though, this one was Far more skilled and stayed out of sight and left no trace that they were following Devin.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2012, 8:20 am

Not having any luck asking people, Devin decided to hit the local library and see if Google or anything turned up 'Hyrule' in a search. There Had to be something in there if it was known at all by humans, at least he hoped so.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2012, 3:58 pm

An old man in, what looked like a bathrobe, comes hobbling over to Devin "You look Lost, son." he says as he puts his weight on a walking stick "Are you looking for someone, someplace or something you had yet to figure out?" he asks "Maybe, you're looking for the wrong things, at the wrong place and at the wrong time?" he asks, chuckling to himself "Or maybe, you're looking for exactly the right thing, in exactly the right place at exactly the right time." he says, noding, as if his words were making complete sence.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 6:37 pm

Devin blinked.

"..Okay. You really don't know how often old people come to me that know far more then they should but never give a straight answer. I have almost no clue what you just said, only a gist of it." He said, turning to them. "I'll give you your due, you guys could make a hell of a killing making Fortune Cookies. Anyway, I don't know you do I?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 3:07 am

The old man laughs "And what makes you think I'm Not living it up writting fortune cookies?" he says "Of course you know me. But you nothing about me." he says "But enough about me." he says, looking him over "Let me tell Your fortune." he says, closing his eyes and holding a hand out "You...are looking for someone...who's not too importaint to you...not in a personal way..." he says, opening one eye "How'm I doing so far?" he asls, chuckling again, then closes his eyes "You are...followed...by a dual person...?" he asks "One is...now who you think and...the other is...exactly what you suspect him to be..." he says, criptic once more "So, is that worth a few bucks?" he laughs a wheezing laugh.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 6:24 am

Devin didn't answer right away. "..So I was right, you are one of the older people I've run into that know far more then they should. But you're right, I don't know if its because you're physic, can read memories, divine or something else. We'll, here's something then. Ever hear of a place called Hyrule?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 7:21 pm

The old man shrugs "I see, I say, you pay." he says, holding out a hand, chuckling "An old man needs to make a living, right?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 7:44 am

Devin shrugged, reached into his pocket and gave the man a few dollars. "This is about all I have as far as cash on me." He really didn't have that much money at the moment, enough to get by but he was still leery of spending too much of it.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 12:38 am

The old man frowns as he looks at the money "The Hylians have advanced technology, they're xenophobic to an extent and they have pointy ears." he says as he turns and starts hobbling off "Good luck with your job." he waves a hand, not stopping or looking back.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 6:31 am

'Strange old people.' Devin shook his head, then went to the computer. From there, he tapped a few buttons and then put in Hyrule. The pointy ears bit didn't help, since there were other races that did have them but it was something at least.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 10:19 pm

There wasn't anything about Hyrule on the main computer. it seemed like it was one of those word of mouth places. Still, one would have thought that Someone would have put Something about it on the internet. Or maybe, someone was erasing all traces of Hyrule from Earth's data base.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2012, 6:49 pm

Completely freakin' useless.

Devin sighed and got up from the computer, it seemed he wouldn't be getting answers from the machine so he'd have to go back out there and search. Asking people wasn't likely to yield much results if this place was so rare to begin with and what were the odds of just Running into a Hylian? And better still if they were xenophobic they likely wouldn't want to tell some outsider where their home world was at.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 6:12 pm

As luck would have it, there was someone with pointed ears walking around. He was in, what looked like, a type of army clothing. Pants, vest, black shirt and boots, glasses and a utility belt with, what looked like, advanced technology on it. He seemed to not care if people were giving him strange looks or not, but he did seem lost, as he was standing infront of map of the city, glaring at the 'You Are Here!' on it.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2012, 9:36 am

Devin couldn't believe his luck, but he wasn't going to tempt Murphy so best just to wait and see.

"Excuse me, sorry for bothering you."
Devin said to the other man. Best to be polite to someone who had the metaphorical keys to your problem. "I'm trying to find someone that lives in Hyrule, would you happen to know how to get there?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2012, 7:18 pm

The young man looks over to Devin "What makes you think I'm from this 'Hyrule' place you speak of?" he asks. He didn't seem angry or annoyed by the question, just curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 6:16 am

"To be honest, I don't."
Devin said. "But here's what I do know. I know Hylains are suppose to have pointed ears. Of course, that only helps somewhat since there's other races with that. I know they have advanced high techology, but I only got this from word of mouth. Going by the fact with the ears and technology I'm guessing you are a Hylian."

He shrugged. "But I wouldn't know. And even if you are, you got no reason to tell me, but I'm just asking. I really have no where to go on besides researching and randomly asking people as is."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 10:44 pm

The man reaches up and touches the tip of one ear "I got them caught in an automatic rice picker as a child." he says "Why would you want to find a place called 'Hyrule' anyway?" he asks "And who told you these strange things about these 'Hyrulians' anyway?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 5:42 am

'That's one hell of a freak accident.'

Devin shrugged once again. "I'm looking for it because I'm a detective and I'm on a missing person's case. I'm looking for somebody named Wendy Galford that lives there and her brother asked me to find her. If they're close, why wouldn't they know where she lives or even bother asking? Seems kind of funny to me. As for the other question, an old man who apparently makes a living off of fortune cookies and too much time on their hands."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 11:49 pm

The man with the pointed ears listens to Devin's story "So, you're a detective, huh?" he asks "Then I would like to hire you to find a missing person." he says "I can pay half now and the rest of your fees when you have located whom I seek." he offers "And if you help me, then I shall help you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Maiden
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The True Universe :: Earthrealm :: San Franciso-
Jump to: